- One of 2016’s most competitive congressional races in the country. Listed as a Toss-up, Barbara won with only 52.9% of the vote.
- On DCCC’s 2018 Battlefield List–Republican members in districts won by Hillary Clinton.
- VA-10’s PVI is D+1.
- Barbara raised $5.33 million in 2016, but projected to need even more for the 2018 election.
- Worked as an aide in Congress, served in the Justice Department after September 11th. Successful small business owner.
- Served in the Virginia House of Delegates from 2009-2014.
- Has won six elections in eight years and is the only woman in the Virginia Congressional Delegation.
- Elected to Congress in 2014, serves on the Science, Space, and Technology Committee and is Chairwoman of the Research and Technology Subcommittee, as well as the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee and Joint Economic Committee.