Cathy McMorris Rodgers
- Appointed to the Washington State Senate in 1994, later winning the special election to permanently fill that position.
- Served as Minority Leader in the Washington House from 2002-2003 as the first woman to lead the caucus and the youngest since WWII.
- Elected to the US House in 2004, and served as the freshman class representative on the Steering Committee and on the Republican Whip Team.
- Became the Republican co-chairwoman of the Congressional Caucus for Women’s Issues, in her sophomore term.
- Served as Vice Chair of the House Republican Conference from 2008-2012.
- Currently serves as Chair of the Republican Conference and is the highest ranking Republican woman in Congress.